YÖKDİL Sınavı nedir?
YÖKDİL Sınavı, Yükseköğretim Kurulu Başkanlığı koordinasyonunda Anadolu Üniversitesi ve Ankara Üniversitesi işbirliği ile düzenlenmektedir.
YÖKDİL sınav soruları Ankara Üniversitesi tarafından hazırlanmakta, sınav organizasyonu ise Anadolu Üniversitesi tarafından gerçekleştirilmektedir.
Ankara Üniversitesi Sınava Girecekler için örnek sınav soruları hazırladı.
YÖKDİL SINAV SORULARI
Cümlede boş bırakılan yerlere uygun düşen kelime ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
1. A frozen mammoth carcass in Siberia hints that humans —- the Arctic earlier than researchers had thought.
2. For the average adult human, the skin has a/an —- area of 2 square meters, most of which is 2-millimetre thick.
3. Tea was first offered to Turkish people as an alternative to coffee, which had become expensive and —.
4. Since 2001, some scientists —- on the reconstruction of stem cells in laboratory and promising results —- on the way.
A) had studied / had been
B) have been studying / are
C) were studying / will be
D) studied / had been
E) will study / have been
5. —- many Alzheimer’s cases appear to be inherited, other cases exist as single incidents in a family.
6. The newspaper reported that —- the increase in vaccine-related deaths, people are still benefiting from them.
A) as well as
B) thanks to
C) because of
7. Readers —- desire more of Henry Kissinger- an American intellectual- can get their fill in his three volume memoir.
Aşağıdaki parçada numaralanmış yerlere uygun düşen kelime ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
Worldwide we spend more (8) —- dentistry than any other medical treatments. Everyone in the developed world (9) —- dental treatment at some point and it doesn’t come cheap – current implants replacing broken or decayed teeth (10) — around £2000. Screwed directly into the jaw, they may fail to reproduce the normal connection (11) — teeth and bone. (12) —-, they might work loose in less than 30 years.
A) had cost
C) to cost
E) has cost
E) For example
Verilen cümleyi uygun şekilde tamamlayan ifadeyi bulunuz.
13. The Romans greatly respected Greek culture; —-.
A) in fact, they liked Greek sculpture so much that they made actual copies
B) however, they borrowed lots of different concepts from Greeks
C) in addition, Greeks focused on idealism, making visually perfect sculptures
D) therefore, the two cultures had some different approaches to their art
E) on the other hand, Greek and Roman artists created copies of Greek statues
Verilen İngilizce cümleye anlamca en yakın Türkçe cümleyi bulunuz.
14. Researchers suggest that good memories remain longer than bad ones, helping to keep the human race happy and resilient.
A) Araştırmacıların işaret ettiği gibi iyi hatıralar kötü olanlara nazaran daha uzun kalırlar ve bu da insan ırkını mutlu ve dayanıklı hale getirebilir.
B) İyi hatıralar kötü olanlara göre daha uzun kalırlar; araştırmacılar bunun insanları daha mutlu ve dayanıklı yaptığını iddia ediyorlar.
C) Araştırmacılar, iyi hatıraların kötü olanlardan daha uzun süre kaldığını, bunun da insan ırkının mutlu ve dayanıklı kalmasına yardımcı olduğunu iddia ediyorlar.
D) İnsanların daha mutlu olabilmeleri için araştırmacıların da işaret ettiği gibi iyi hatıralar kötülere göre daha uzun kalmalıdır.
E) Bazı araştırmacılar iyi hatıraların kötü olanlardan daha uzun süre kalabildiğini ve böylelikle insanların daha mutlu ve dayanıklı olduğunu iddia ediyorlar.
Türkçe cümleye anlamca en yakın İngilizce cümleyi bulunuz.
15. Kenya’da bulunan on bin yıllık insan kalıntıları en eski savaş kanıtı olabilir.
A) The ten-thousand-year-old human remains found in Kenya may be the evidence of the oldest war.
B) The remains found in Kenya are the evidence of a war that took place ten thousand years ago.
C) The ten-thousand-year-old human remains were found in
Kenya and were the evidence of a war.
D) In Kenya, evidence of the oldest war may be found while looking for ten-thousand-year-old remains.
E) The evidence of the oldest war may be found in Kenya if ten-thousand-year-old human remains are found.
Parçada anlam bütünlüğünü sağlamak için getirilebilecek cümleyi bulunuz.
16. Glycerin has no color, has no smell, and it is liquid that is famous for its ability to maintain skin homeostasis. It keeps the skin soft and supple. Besides, it moisturizes the skin without making it oily. —. For example, it is added to soaps, face washes, lotions, and various other cosmetic products, because of its skin moisturizing properties.
A) It can be used in a variety of things due to its benefits for the body
B) The uses of such drugs are really limited when it comes to skin care
C) Glycerin is an alcohol that contains three hydroxyl groups
D) Unlike other skin care products, sun cream is inexpensive
E) It is non-toxic, which makes it dangerous to be used as skin products
Cümleler sırasıyla okunduğunda, parçanın anlam bütünlüğünü bozan cümleyi bulunuz.
17. (I) Tourism and the environment are closely connected. (II) Tourists are becoming more demanding of the environmental quality of destinations. (III) This has led to a rethinking of tourism development, with greater focus being put on sustainable concepts such as ecotourism. (IV) Not surprisingly, surveys have also shown that tourism is a high-priority industry for investment promotion agencies. (V) Conserving and improving the environment, while important for its own sake, can also be seen as a way of creating value.
Soruları aşağıdaki parçaya göre cevaplayınız.
English is the science language in the world. Nearly all important scientific journals publish studies in English, but there is also research from different countries in various languages. Almost a third of new scientific reports are published in languages other than English. One can bear in mind that the international community can miss important science, and language prevents new findings reach practitioners in the field. If science is published only in one language, the transfer of knowledge across the world will be more difficult. Researchers ask scientific journals to publish basic summaries of a study’s findings in various languages, and universities to translate them in their own languages. We recognize the importance of a common language, and the contribution of English to science; however, the scientific community should not think that all valuable information is published in English.
18. According to the text, using one single language for sciences —-.
A) may prevent the spread of knowledge across the world
B) has made knowledge more accessible for everyone
C) has made it possible for people to understand science easily
D) has made English an international language for researchers
E) prevents most scientists from working in empirical studies
19. Most of the scientific studies —-.
A) are published in a language other than English
B) should be translated into English for a scientific value
C) are not referred to because they are not in English
D) are available in English for scientists across the world
E) are not published in English due to lack of scientific interest
20. According to the scientists, —-.
A) some languages are significant if we want local perspectives to become widespread
B) science cannot develop up to a desired level as there is not a common language for it
C) English is not proper as a science language, so a common language is needed
D) many people can reach science since the only language used in science is English
E) higher education institutions should translate studies into their native languages